Review of Chinese drama LOVE 020



"Love 020" is a Chinese Television show starring Zheng Shuang and Yang Yang. The story is based on how a college going couple falls in love and overcome different life challenges. The story revolves around two phases, the real college life and the gaming life. The story is a Romantic comedy which was released in the year 2016. 

 


The couple falls in love on an online game. Actually the male protagonist falls in love with the female when he first sees her at an internet cafe. 

According to my opinion the Television show wasn't that great, as I have watched many other shows that have made me cry and this didn't even make it to the half. The younger audience will like this very much as it revolves around college life and adults may find it very unrealistic. 


The story is based in two parts, first part is the gaming part and the other is the normal college life. The story begins with the gaming. The introduction of the characters was really good, they were portrayed as fighters. It is very unique and different from most other shows. I feel that the story was stuck and wasn't much involving in the beginning but later when the lead characters encountered each other it was quite interesting and evolving. 

The turning point or the climax wasn't much interesting or I would say that I didn't find any turning point in the story I expected the story to be more dramatic and lively.



The ending was kind of good or even better than the other phases. I like the ending as it was ' happily ever after ' .



Talking about the characters, I really liked how yang yang played the character of Xiao Nai, he totally nailed it. The female protagonist Bei Weiwei was kind of dull. She was supposed to be the department beauty so she had to be lively and bold but she looked dead with no expressions. I actually liked her character in the game more than the college phase. But I did not see any evolution in her character whereas the character of Xiao Nai was highly evolving.




 
On the other hand the supporting characters such as Zhao Er Xi played the character very well. Even thought she was sometimes over the top but her character was more lively than Bei Weiwei. 

Character development of the antagonist Zhen Shaoxiang was really good, the time when he realized that he needs to work and get rid of his girlfriend was quite powerful. He had the best character development in the story. 

I wanted to see more of Hao Mei and KO, even though they were doubted to be gay I wanted to see if they were really gay. 

The story is funny and romantic. There were very few funny parts but the most funny part was when Bei Weiwei calles Hao Mei mr. Gorgeous. 

I would give this show 2.5/5 

Hope you liked reading my review about the Television show 'Love 020'. If u liked it please share it with your binge watching buddy and if you want me to review any show than please let me know in the comments. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Your Highness" Class Monitor

About is love review

The Brightest Star in the Sky